The plan for the development of the research facilities consists of the following five main elements:
- Construction of a new boundary layer wind tunnel;
- Building a new laboratory space to accommodate the wind tunnel;
- Acquiring the advanced flow measurement devices necessary to perform the wind tunnel measurements;
- Acquiring high level computational capacity (both hardware and software) for Computational Fluid Mechanics simulations;
- Infrastructure needed to make wind tunnel models: model-making machines, workshop for model preparation and model storage.
The costs of the five main elements are presented in detail on the Project Budget page.